Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Homemade Reeses Bars

Since I am the developer of the site, I figure I can throw a curve ball if I want. After my grandma provided me with 6 jars of peanut butter for my food storage, I decided to look up a kind of Reeses recipe. I remember my mom having made something like this when I was little only once or twice. It is soooooooo good, that I also decided that she probably quit making them after finding herself EATING THE WHOLE PAN! (I won't end up eating the entire pan at my house, I had to slap Mardi away right before dinner tonight and Brett has his own little addiction to Reeses Peanut Butter cups as well.)

Homemade Reeses Bars

1 cup butter, softened
1 packet (about 8-9) whole graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter , graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Whip until light and fluffy. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. In a metal or glass bowl over very hot water (almost simmering), melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment